Mental health affects us all. CMHA reports that, on average, 1 in 5 people will experience a mental health issue. That could be you, your friend, your family member, or colleague. As a team, it is important to check-in on each other. Remotely, this can mean a short chat message, a quick virtual coffee, or even an email. However, you choose to connect, your colleagues will surely appreciate the small gesture.
Transitions and big life changes can be particularly challenging for us to cope with, especially when feeling disconnected from others. In these times, and in general, we should make a conscious effort to promote mental health in our teams and to create an environment where employees feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and emotions.
- Practice self-care: get enough sleep, eat healthy, exercise regularly.
- Avoid being “on” 24/7 - set a schedule, create a dedicated workspace, respect your limits.
- Stay connected - plan a virtual coffee, set-up water cooler chats, help colleagues with disabilities.
Learn More About Mental Health
- Canadian Red Cross | Taking care of mental health during COVID-19
- University of Toronto | Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19
- GC | Mental Health and Wellness Site
- The Royal | Managing Anxieties Caused by Fears of the Coronavirus
- Blog post | How to keep your mental health in check when you work from home
- CCOHS | Mental Health: Awareness
- Croix-Rouge canadienne | La santé mentale au temps de la COVID-19
- GC | Santé mentale et bien-être
- Le Royal | Comment gérer l’anxiété causée par la peur du coronavirus
- Article |Comment contrôler votre santé mentale lorsque vous travaillez à domicile
- Comment devenir plus résilient et mentalement plus fort?
- 64 conseils pour survivre en télétravail
- EFPC | Milieu de travail respectueux et inclusif site
Links to third party websites are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Join the conversation on Twitter #MyDigitalJourney #GCDigital #remotework
Joignez-vous à la conversation sur Twitter #MonParcoursNumerique #GCNumerique #télétravail