It can be hard to judge a room, and the reactions within it, if all you can do is hear and not see people’s reactions. Videoconferencing therefore one-ups traditional teleconferencing as it enables face-to-face interaction, an important aspect in keeping people at the centre of a remote work culture. There are a number of videoconferencing tools you can download nowadays, but two of our favourites include Webex Meetings and Zoom. Note: Some collaboration hubs may include videoconferencing as a built-in feature.
Webex Meetings is a videoconferencing tool that enables face-to-face interaction with colleagues, partners and customers over an IP network
- Easily navigate your meeting online with a centralized control bar for quick access to all your meeting controls.
- View a list of participants, and message with them privately or publicly during the meeting.
- Quickly record your meeting online with automatic transcriptions built-in.
- Easily share your screen or content, like applications or files.
Zoom is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars that can be used across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
- Bring HD video and audio to your meetings with support for up to 1000 video participants and 49 videos on screen.
- Record your meetings locally or to the cloud, with searchable transcripts.
- Multiple participants can share their screens and co-annotate for a more interactive meeting.
- Chat with groups, searchable history, integrated file sharing, and 10 year archive. Easily escalate into 1:1 or group calls.
- Download the application to join meetings from anywhere or on any device.
Learn more about videoconferencing
- YouTube | How to Use Cisco Webex Meetings: Quick Start Guide
- Zoom | Video Tutorials
- Zoom | Meeting and Webinar Best Practices
- Job Aid | Facilitation Essentials: Facilitating Virtual Meetings Checklist
- Zoom | Didacticiels vidéos Zoom
- Zoom: Mise en route sur PC et Mac
- Comment utiliser les réunions Cisco Webex (Prendre note que certaines ressources externes s'affichent en anglais par défaut et que vous pouvez vous rendre au bas de la page afin de choisir l'option d'affichage en français.)
Links to third party websites are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Join the conversation on Twitter #MyDigitalJourney #GCDigital #remotework
Joignez-vous à la conversation sur Twitter #MonParcoursNumerique #GCNumerique #télétravail